Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Where are all the single men?

I first realized it just recently now that I am ready to be in a relationship and to start dating again- so, I asked the question.
Then,  I was with my girlfriends a few weeks ago talking about love, life and relationships and one of my girlfriends asked the question.  
And then last week, after yoga class, my instructor asked the same question.
mind you, my instructor is gorgeous.
It seems like most woman I know keep asking the same question.

Where are the men at?

When my girlfriend said to me that she wants to get married and she's been tired of "the club", I understood what she meant.    And the socialite in me just rattled off a couple of ideas of places to find men that were not in the club.  I told her, "Date" your city.  This was sound advice one of my male friend gave me in relations to finding new male friends and potential and worthy gentlemen callers.  I still have to put that plan into action one day soon.
I also told her, become a mentor. Do community service.  Join a group. Go to a museum. Join a sports team. Work out. etc.  Tell your friends and let it be known EXACTLY what you are looking for... and on and on I went.


But it's easier said than done.  Especially in the big apple. NYC has a great nightlife and plenty of men to fit your style from investment bankers to artsy types and everything in between.  But all those options makes dating a bit more challenging.  Socializing? Not so much. In NYC,  finding a viable meaningful date are not really in our (women's) favor.  When they, whoever they are, said if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere, I guess that also means that if you can find a committed mate here, you can find one anywhere...

Knowing this I still ask the question, overall, is it really that hard to find men? Or, is it just certain, areas?

Research has shown that NYC in not the best place to find a man who is yours solely. Or even to have a more serious relationship with, other than dating. And I have heard it time and time again that if you want to get married, then a new york man in NYC is not for you.  Discouraging right?
Well I believe that there is hope to finding someone if you ask the right questions.
Ultimately the question a woman needs to ask herself  is, Do you want to date, or do you want to get married? Once that answer is known, here are a few articles that will help determine, where to find that type of man.

Check out a few of the links I have added. Or, using a simple search engine can steer you in the right direction.

10 best cities to find men
Best cities to find a date
44 places to meet men

Good luck!

....Maybe I should start taking my own advice.
TYG 2012